Originally Posted by poorboy
The 1st thing I though of was "Are you sure there is even coverage on it now?" If the agent knew the deceased, he may have already canceled the insurance, or the length of the term could have expired and without a renewal, it may have just dropped. It could have also auto renewed and the current policy will be in effect until the end of this term, which means it probably has already been paid for.

I suspect every insurance company has its own process and its own policy regarding the death of the owner, the best info you will get is to get it from the insurance company. If you have the policy, it might actually tell you inside of it what happens and what the policy is. Making assumptions about an insurance company policies and procedures is not a good idea.

He outlived all his Insurance & local finance guys... So I doubt they know since he's in the "Big pot" now.... Call the "800" deal. Just like I was after my Nationwide agent retired. (When that happened I called & asked for a local agent & nationwide told me to go find one myself... so I did... with another company.) He always paid his big bills all in one shot for the entire year when they came in... Car, House, Life, Long Term Care, Annuities, etc... Only things he paid monthly were utilities & his medicare advantage plan.

There must be a hell of an insurance bump when you hit your 90's... because nowhere on his statements does it show anything but so called qualifying "discounts"... I was trying to find a penalty or multipliers, but didn't see any. I'll probably just let it roll... I was just kind of in shock when I found the last billing statement and instantly jumped into F this mode. whistling

Maybe someone in extended family may want it at some point, but so far no one close does as everyone already has decent cars to drive.
My Uncle kept trying to give it to me during the last year, & I kept saying "What am I going to do with it, I already have 8 laying around". laugh2