Haven't been on here in a while, but if I remember correctly we have 1 or 2 folks on here that either do or did sell insurance products.

My question involves the car insurance currently on my recently deceased uncles car.
He passed away at 93 & the 2014 Nisson that's sitting in the garage for a yr+, will be staying there until we find time to sell it.

He was paying a hell of a lot for insurance... more than I do for 4 cars, a camper & a house eek
Hence, while we were planning to let the policy in place until the estate is settled, can I as a POA/Executor call them up and drop the coverage's down to the State minimum liability... and drop collision altogether? work I want some insurance on the car to keep the plate legal long enough to get it State Inspected b4 it runs out in April, and keep the Comprehensive in place just in case something in the garage falls on it. But definitely want to drop the collision where they are charging $700/yr just for the collision on a $10k(maybe) car. It's not going to be driven anywhere other than maybe once to the service station down the street prior to sale.

I just don't want to call them to make a change, & then have them cancel the policy on the spot... especially since the house is on the same policy. It will be a while until the house is sold... or the estate is even settled for that matter. The Lawyer says everything is taking forever due to Covid... limited trips to court house, no one answers phones pretty much anywhere, etc...

Any thoughts from an agents point of view. shruggy
As POA/Executor, can I make a coverage change to the policy of the deceased while the estate is being settled, or should we just let this sleeping dog lie. It's paid up until May. I didn't ask the lawyer about it... figured they were busy notifying the various financial companies & clawing money back from the old folks home.

Thanks

1966 383, 4-sp Charger 38yrs
1970 440+6, 4-sp Road Runner 36yrs
1974 360, auto Challenger 25yrs,in Family 41yrs
2003 Ram 2500 QCLB 4x4 Cummins HO
2010 5.7L R/T 6sp Challenger - Mopar10
2018 392 Daytona Charger