Big D, wow great research (so far wink ) and no I'm not sorry to hear anything in fact I'm happy with your (and others) research on this subject and can't wait for more! I think if we continue we may find something as to why those extra characters are on their just like confirming the tags at Lynch Road were not bent and finding evidence (taxi) that the tags were hanging. So with that 69hemibeep brings up another interesting question. And I have one, are or is there a stamped character that is not found on both fender tags of an A12 Super Bee or an A12 Road Runner or even 383/Hemi SB's or RR's? I think that the A12 Super Bees would have two or three processes in BIW that wouldn't need to be done or not done to the Road Runners such as the extra hole in the front fenders for the A12 hood pins and the holes for the SB side scoops and not drilling the holes into the fenders for the 383 callouts which would need to be done on all A12 Super Bees per the special build process I posted decades ago on the A12 Registry. The radio antenna hole in the passenger's side fender would be something required to know but not necessarily in BIW but at the point that the fenders were installed for paint I would think? Now that I think of it the 383 callout holes wouldn't need to be known in BIW but also when the fenders choice was need at assembly. Hmmmm as I typing this it's starting to seem as if the extra characters are for something either in BIW that or maybe paint??? Still very interesting to me what those extra characters are for. I still think they are for identifying a process or job done and not tied to individual inspectors like the stickers on the windshield at the end of the assembly line like these. I don't think the "W" is for William the inspector or "M" for Mary the inspector or Inspector #22 Joe......has to be something inspected and confirmed? Thanks again for your researches Big D and everyone up

Lynch_Road.jpgInspection postit001.jpgLynch Road Assembly Fleet Engineering A12 Instructions 1969_4.jpg1969_Plymouth_TaxisLYNCHRD7.jpg