I have had a few days to investigate and offer the following. Not what you are going to want to hear Mike. Let’s start by looking at the plant itself and what we know and think we know.

1. There were 32 gates used to produce the bodies.
2. The fender tags were used in 2 areas of the plant, BIW and Paint.
a. In the BIW because of a build sheet being flammable
b. In the paint section due to…well, dipping and paint.
3. The inspector stamps consist of digits 0-9 and letters A-Z not all of which are used.
4. Fender tags at Lynch Road commonly have 2, 1, or no inspection stamps applied. 2 and 1 are most common.
5. There are 16 options for just the 1969 W line alone which require body modifications not including station wagons. This does not consider the various locations for emblems and trim. A broadcast sheet had to be available (not attached to the car) to account for the options not shown on the tag.

Now to the question at hand. Were the inspector stamps tied to any specific option? My answer is no based upon the following analysis.

Looking at the 32 gates, no individual inspection stamp appears exclusively at one gate.
No option noted on the fender tag is exclusive to a specific gate.
No option noted on the fender tag is exclusive to a specific inspection stamp.
Cross reference of inspector stamps with known broadcast sheets does not reveal a tie to any options.

With all of this said, what do the inspection stamps mean? Since there are usually 2 inspection stamps one can surmise, they were a final inspection for each area the tag was used in, the BIW and the Paint area of the plant. This is the only explanation I have based upon the data available.

Perhaps others will chime in.....

D

Last edited by Big D A12; 02/06/22 12:28 PM.

Seeking 1969 Lynch Road fender tags/Build Sheets/Window Stickers/VIN - Over 2300 so far thanks to you!!
2018 Demon Challenger PY4 A8 Black Hood
2017 Jeep Trail Hawk
2016 Hellcat Challenger PCP A8
1969.5 A12 Super Bee WM21 V1H F6 D21
1969 Coronet RT B5 D32 M46 N96