Lynch Road fender tags to me are unique in that I feel 90% or more of the information stamped into them are codes for Body-In-White and Paint departments. To me it's more of a back up, in the initial welding and "gate" areas, to keep that info from being burned (like a paper broadcast or build sheet would from welding sparks) and to be able to read codes if the broadcast/build sheets get paint or overspray on them. Other plants have additional info like radio, accessories, trim and things that don't require sheet metal that needs to have certain holes or mounts (seats bucket or bench, console or 4-speed, A/C firewall, etc.,) so the Lynch Road Fender tags don't list radios, power steering, power brakes just sheet metal and paint.

The Lynch Road Fender tags do have other stampings on them not in the standard line-item codes an these are commonly referred to as Inspector's or Inspection stamps. Do these stamps identify a specific inspector's identification (person like Bill Smith) or what was inspected like "Yes it has a hole for the radio antenna in the front right passenger's fender" or "Yes the A12 Super Bee did NOT get the holes drilled for the fender call outs", or "Yes the Super Bee did get the holes drilled for the side "air scoops" or etc.,

So are the addition fender tag stamping to identify what was inspected or to identify Inspector "R" or inspector "W" or inspector "Clouseau" ? wink

INSPECTOR or INSPECTED? "PAINT OK"?

Mike