Originally Posted by 69hemibeep
This should be fun to watch but will most likely end up some random inspector thing. Carry on cool

Probably right up But what always puzzled me was how crisp the Lynch Road stamps were/are and how to me it seemed they were not done by hand or hanging or on the car? It's almost as if they were done on a similar device as the machine that made the rest of the fender tag? No distortion of the tag at the stamp, usually done at either left or right side, the "R" stamp at the upper left smashes the raised groove and somewhat flattens and spreads it like it is done in a small arbor press. Wish we could find an example of those hand stamping tools like the one that punch out or through the fender tag and the tool/press that stamps characters like the "X" on my A12 tag. Just something for the winter blues and something that I've been curious for decades on what was inspected or are they for a specific job to be done in BIW or paint. Why the necessity to have it on the fender tag that is more permanent and visible even if painted over and so it can't be burned during welding. I doubt those stamps were done after Body-In-White or after the car was painted.