Originally Posted by MoJoe
I had a similar problem after replacing my rear shocks and wanted to bring the front end up, which I did, and everything seemed ok. After a few trips something didn't seem right which I attributed to a slow leak on the drivers side tire, although a little inconvenient I fill it to the proper inflation and go on my way, I'm getting new tires soon but am not really ready yet. Any how, even after inflating the tire the driver side seem lower and upon investigating the situation it was close to 3/4" difference after measuring on a reasonably level surface. I got setup and started to crank up the adjustment bolt and slowly started to get it to match the other side and jostled it like suggested and it seemed to settle about a 1/4" or so I cranked it up a few more turn when..."oh no" the wrench gave way and the adjustment bolt came out. A couple years back I had rebuilt the front end when I converted to front disc brakes. I replaced the bushings and pivots, but not the adjusters as they seemed to be ok, needless to say this one was not and stripped. I don't know if you got yours straighted out, but it could be something to consider. I looked into getting some new one and they are pretty pricey, being a good Mopar guy I ha some extra lower control arm laying around and was able to replace it and get back on the road

Had this happen once. Went to do a slight adjustment with full weight on the suspension and the threads let go. That was a scary moment when the wrench went flying and the vehicle dropped. I had just put the entire suspension together and all looked ok when reassembling.

My guess is for this OP the one bar is going soft or maybe it was the wrong bar reinstalled? If lucky the partial part number could be visible from the cross brace opening, if it isn't flipped around.