Originally Posted by SportF
Gang, I've played around with a lot of different bars, but I don't think you could be off on the hex. That is 60 degrees and would probably show up on the adjust bolt at like two inches. I would like to hear from somebody to see if it has actually happened because in my experience you would never have enough adjustment to even bring the lower arm off the rubber stop.

Yeah I agree. I'd have to see a video of someone installing a torsion bar off one hex before I believed it. I don't think there is enough travel in the lower control arm to be off one flat. If you switch bars side for side then that is half a hex and even that is tough to do. I tried to install bars on the wrong side once but could not do it due to lack of travel. I've heard of people having the bars on the wrong side so perhaps it can be done but it messes up the adjustment for sure. One of the torsion bar suppliers hired me a few years back to help them sort out a hex offset issue. As the torsion bars get bigger, the offset has to be carefully calculated or else the adjuster won't have the correct travel. The position of the hex needs to be held within a few degrees for the adjuster to work correctly so there is no way a big bar can be off by a flat or even a half flat.