It's a mixed bag for me.
I am fine working alone and when I work on my stuff I tend to be alone and since i am meticulous it works out well.

Most of the time I do work alone but almost half of the time others help or hang out.

Sometimes I do not get motivated like I should. If somebody shows up and says hey lets do this then I jump in both feet. So that is a plus.

I have mentored many a neighborhood kid who needed help. Many of them showed up in my driveway with busted bikes at about 5 or 6. They helped me and learned how to work on cars and I helped them through 4 wheelers and dirt bikes and then into cars of their own. Several of them are mechanics now at dealerships and repair shops. That part has been very rewarding.

Sometimes little kids show up because their older sibling is in the driveway and the older kids would help look out for them. Even been a girl or two want to learn about cars and one even went junkyarding with me to get parts for her car.

It has not been uncommon that I had my project going in the driveway and a kid would be working on his car next to mine. In the two neighboring driveways kids would be tearing into their cars also and I would hop from car to car giving pointers when needed. Really fun times.

Most adults are less interested in cars and just want to drop it off and pick it up later but not all of them. Walt on this website and a friend of his insist on working on their cars with me. If it is a one man job they still stick around and work with me. That type of attitude is nice and I enjoy working together with them.

I can truly say I can go either way and still have a good time. Alone I veg out and the world melts away. With somebody else and it is nice to have the comradery.