For me, it really depends on what we may be doing as the project of the day. Some things I really need to pay undivided attention to, and other projects are more laid back. I suppose the urgency of the project moving forward in the shortest time also plays a big effect on weather I want help or not.

There are a few guys I can work well with, but those guys understand how my mind works. I do not multitask. I'm the one thing at a time guy. If I have to lay out a plan for someone else, and a plan for myself, we would tend to do whatever the other guy's part of the project is, but if they know what they need to do, then we can both get something done. If I need to help them, I tend to teach them things along the way.

My son and I have become pretty good at working together (its taken years to get to this point). He is a great welder, but just can't fully grasp the process of a custom fabrication project. When we work together, I guide him on how to make patterns, and help him lay them out on the metal to cut, then he does the cutting. Then I guide him in the metal bending process, and he will bend the metal, and is getting really good at the final metal fitting and the welding. We are gaining on making stuff pretty. We set up projects as a 2-3 day process because his time is limited, and we usually accomplish the mission in the given time. As he is gaining in experience, we find more time to talk as we work, but that talk time has to be after I have done the part I need to do, and while he does his part. He can multitask pretty well, and he knows I can't.