I used to love working on my cars, and helping other people work on theirs. I never really had a preference as to what kind of work I wanted to do alone vs. with other people. For me, it was more of a timing thing, like "Today, I'd like to just be in the garage by myself and goof around with the car."

I think working in the collision repair side of my industry for so long, being in shops all day every day, dealing with repair problem and after repair problem, really took the fun out of the hobby for me over time. I don't really have any interest in working on cars anymore. I enjoy looking at them, and am considering buying another old car or new Challenger or Camaro, but I'm not sure I will. I miss the enjoyment the hobby used to bring me, but that hasn't proven to be enough to get me back into it like I was 10 years ago. We sold my wife's 64, my Trans Am, all of the extra parts, etc. I still have my 82 F250, but that's just a work truck, and I'm likely selling that in the spring anyway.

I'm grateful the hobby still exists, and I hope it does for a long time.

Earning every penny of that moderator paycheck.

DBAP