Originally Posted by Sniper
Originally Posted by lewtot184
Originally Posted by 6PakBee
I've never seen any reference that stock B or RB engines in any configuration used a Hemi valve spring. shruggy
6-paks had street hemi springs. they had a yellow stripe vs the hipo wedge being all red. they were a high rate spring which was common back in the day. actually a fairly crummy spring but we used them not knowing better.

The factory parts manual will show the part numbers used, that would be the reference needed. Looking at my manuals I see the following.

Hemi - 2899549
6bbl - 3418491

1970-71
Hemi - 3418491
6bbl - 3418491

So the answer is both yes and no. In 69 the 6bbl did not use the Hemi springs, in 70-71 they did.
i suspect there may have been a manufacturer or supplier change for the part number change. original single street hemi springs had the yellow stripe and at some point later they were a green stripe. so there was a change and the 34xxxxx number tells me sometime after 1970. the 28xxxxx number would be correct for '68 and '69. anyhow i have some yellow and green stripe springs and the wire size, height, and spring rate are the same. i remember buying this stuff back in day but that's been so many decades ago.