Originally Posted by 6PakBee
Originally Posted by Sniper
Originally Posted by lewtot184
Originally Posted by 6PakBee
I've never seen any reference that stock B or RB engines in any configuration used a Hemi valve spring. shruggy
6-paks had street hemi springs. they had a yellow stripe vs the hipo wedge being all red. they were a high rate spring which was common back in the day. actually a fairly crummy spring but we used them not knowing better.

The factory parts manual will show the part numbers used, that would be the reference needed. Looking at my manuals I see the following.

Hemi - 2899549
6bbl - 3418491

1970-71
Hemi - 3418491
6bbl - 3418491

So the answer is both yes and no. In 69 the 6bbl did not use the Hemi springs, in 70-71 they did.

Excellent research. Since I have an A12 I frequently find myself restricting a Six-Pack discussion to 1969 which can be, as it is in this case, a mistake. Thanks for the clarification.

Thank you. You know, looking at it again, the statement that the 6bbl never used the Hemi springs is correct. The Hemi, however, started using the 6bbl springs in 70-71. Semantics? maybe, but interesting.

As for rockers, when I converted my 64 413 to 906 heads I also used the later style rockers and there was a noticeable difference in metal thickness. At least to the eyeball, if I ever measured it I have forgotten those numbers, that happened in 1988 so time erased those memories, lol. My 413 was a bit of an oddball. It was originally stamped with a T then over stamped with a V. Indicating, to me, it was a 63 413 put into a 64 model car. The casting number ended in 3200, 63, it had rocker stands, last used in 63, and 4 bolt valve covers, again last used in 63. I do not recall the SPD of that car, it may have been an earlier 64 MY one. Who knows.