Originally Posted by 440Jim
Originally Posted by W.I.N. racing
I have a set of Struts that (one) developed a leak at the top seal, considering there is only one lip seal and two O rings inside them, I simply wanted replace the seals/O rings and replenish the oil. The mfg didn’t/wouldn’t tell me the visc only stated to use 50wgt if I wanted to stiffen them up until I can send them in for service. Well its $300/strut to install $10 in seals and O rings and oil in struts that are working fine otherwise. …
Wow, what manufacturer has that "customer service" policy?

Im not going to name names as that wasnt the point of the post and I dont feel they have "Wronged" me. They are on par with the other suspension mfgs with their policy’s and pricing. They (and others) sell it as a "Freshen up" and I am probably minimizing their efforts. I have already taken the offending strut apart and all looks good aside from a weeping seal, so fresh oil, new seal/orings and back in service they go. I can find oil easily enough I was looking for input to save some time. Looks like Im starting with a 30wgt synthetic shock oil as that is what viscosity it moast closly compares to.

'01 P1500, Blown/Inj BAE,/Veney ,Bruno/CS2,Dana 60
'01 Dodge 3500 S Cummins Auto, Fresh air kit, 4" Exhaust,
'05 Dodge Magnum R/T - Too Much to list
'60 Willys CJ5
'01 International LPX - Project,DT466, Allison
'64 Plymouth Valiant, Inj 528 Hemi, 2spd