Originally Posted by Frankenduster
Such a divisive issue.
Old school dudes that never take a corner faster than idle speed cling to their tall sidewall BF Goodrich tires.
Guys that like their cars to steer and stop better are willing to step outside of that narrow mindset.

I whole heartedly agree with your take on it but I don't see my old school GTX being any kind of a "sports car" and the fact is, yes tire performance goes up as the sidewall gets smaller/shorter/lower but ride quality also goes down. I have enough cars in the fleet with 19" and 20" tires but they have much better suspension than a 52+year old muscle car. I don't mind the less performance in a car that has leaf springs and torsion bar suspension, I'll keep the extra sidewall cushion with low 30 psi tire pressure and squirm through the corners thank you. wink One of the highest performing, no make that the HIGHEST performance cars in the world have been running on 13" wheels for the last four decades up until this year, no problem with steering or braking with really tall sidewalls.