Originally Posted by polyspheric
The lobe's peak is then (briefly) a perfect radius concentric and equal to the base circle plus lobe height

Yup...and plugging in a little math here could literally convert the length of that perfect radius and it's proportion to the size of the roller lifter's roller wheel diameter to crankshaft degrees duration. Effectively at the very peak (nose) of the lobe you have a phase where the roller wheel begins traversing that radius and eventually "comes around" to the other side of the nose, while all along the lobe nose hasn't really moved away all that far.

I think this is the "hang" time you're seeing. Math should prove out this perception and for my purposes I literally took a measurement of the lobe lift every 5 deg and as you can tell that "hang" time is there.

Disclaimer: that math I referenced above is a bit beyond my feeble know-how as it took me a couple of hours to build a spreadsheet calculation to show and compare the piston bore movement per each crank deg rotation of a stock 3.58" vs stroker 4" crank. Interesting results though, especially as you try to compare that to the lobe open and closing events and try to understand how the combustion pressure dissipates on the piston's downward push on the power stroke. (sorry, tangent thought right there...)