Investment ??? . . . nope, no way, I started my driving life in a Ford - it was the car mom & dad would have got nothing for, if they had traded it in. When I was 13, I got to have time with dad fixing brakes, rebuilding the engine, etc . . . by 15 mom & dad had a "2nd" car to use, with me having spent the $$$ on it. But when I got my license at 16 I had a car !!! . . . who cares if it was a station wagon - maybe that's why I love my 06 Magnum?? . . .lol . . . anyhow, the car thing was really as a way to be able to have my own transportation and not pay someone else to work on them.

Then there have been ALL the trips, and friends that I have made, because of the cars . . . how much is that worth enriching your life ?!??! Priceless !!! . . . Sure, it would be nice to think that each car would at least bring the amount of $$$ you have sunk into it (minus your own labour of course) . . . but hey, so many more intangibles to consider. Cars as an "investment", uhh, no, I have been saving for my retirement (I hope sooner rather than later!!), and kept the cars as a separate budget to play with. Some I have made $$$, others I have not, or have broke even . . .

As others have said, this is my "hobby, vice, etc" . . . not a big drinker, or go out, etc, so I have the $$ to play with the cars . . .

I think the big thing is that everyone is different and looks at all this differently, which is totally fine. I know a guy, that for him, it's all about the hunt for the NOS, date coded part . . . his cars (E bodies) would probably be considered way high $$ cars. But he doesn't drive them, or even restore them, just collect all the parts for them . . .

One thing I have learned in the past couple years, with car friends passing on, is that it doesn't matter, in the end you still die !! . . it's what you do (and who you do it with) along the way that matters - people and friends ! Enjoy your family and friends, and Mopars !!

Just my 2cents . . .

Cheers,

Mark