I thought I'd heard everything, but $200 for a hammer is nuts unless we are talking about some sort of specialized slide hammer or similar.
I worked for a hand tool company a number of years back, who sold tools primarily toward the electrician and electronics market. Some of our product lines were top quality tools and we manufactured them. A number of the other tools we bought from other companies but they came with our name on them. Some lines like our screwdrivers and nut drivers which we made, I wasn't too impressed with the quality at all, and they sold at premium prices.
Other things which we bought, you could get the same tool with the suppliers brand name for much less, even though it was the same tool.
Snap on bought something from us, I don't recall what now, but my company wouldn't allow them to brand it with their name. I'm sure they sell a number of products they source from other companies. Trick is to figure out which they make and which they buy.
I worked with a former Snap On employee who told me that for a time Kobalt tools were made by Snap On, but that isn't the case now and it may have been 20 years since Kobalt was Snap On.
I've bought some Snap On tools before, but used. Their open end wrenches and flare nut wrenches are so much better than Craftsman since they are so thin and also supposed to have tighter tolerances, meaning less chance to round off a fastener. Over the years I've got a bunch of Snap On 6 point sockets too. I don't know if their tolerances are better, they certainly seem thinner. But again, collecting them over time buying them at swap meets and on eBay, I didn't have to spend a ton of money. Some have initials etched in them from mechanics who owned them previously, but doesn't bother me for my personal tool collection.
I just can't imagine being a new mechanic trying to buy all the tools and cabinets needed for their work. If they buy all new from the trucks, they'd almost certainly need to buy on credit and the monthly payments must be close to what a mortgage payment would be!