Hello All,
I need a competent AT trans tech to look over my shoulder so I don't wind'up with the same problem after a second rebuild.

When this trans was powering my car it developed a vibration after shifting into 3rd not every time but one times out of 10 but steadily got worse .

I had suspected that the front drum was wobbling because it never happened in 2nd when the band was applied , sure enough suspicion confirmed the back of the drum where the metal sealing rings ride dug into the metal and ruined the drum the pattern is obvious that it was not running true.

New rebuilt pump assem. replacement drum,installed new bushing and they fit together very loose . .010" clearance /// pump stator hub measures 2.492.0" bushing in drum is 2.502.5" CarL Monroe states in his book .005" thou is correct . Is this expectable now that the stator support hub is been polished too many times , is there an over sized bushing available ? can I set the end play on the drum maybe so it doesnt walk back & forth . I'll shut up and listen now and Thanks for your answers much appreciated. Jim