Ya I put my 30 plus year sentence in automotive production. Seen a lot of thing done and got a few odd things done also. FIFO was one thing that Chrysler tried to do but with Hemi Blocks there was a room were they shoved the Castings, The date is on the sideof the block. They on the bottom of the pan rail there is a Machining date. Then if it got assigned to a Year when the Machining was done it had that years letter and assembly numbers.These numbers on the bottom of the oil pan rail that never got a year stamp have a quantity stamping number telling what year they were machined. Each year have a certain number that was started at and ended at for the machine of all blocks. My Challenger has a casting date of around 7-??-69 and was machined in early 1971 and assemble in 1971 maybe two months later and the Car was assembled in June of 1971. Iwould have to take a look at the block again to get exact dates on the motor, the original block just sits in the corner of the garage and has not been back in the Challenger since the Winter of 1972. Being a race car you amass motors and parts to use when drag racing and I am looking again to up grade the Cubic Inches.

Getting back to my question I think this Cuda might have the original Rear End in it. I have seem things get pushed back on a skid and sit for along time. At were I worked I finally got the plant to use up 3 year old Spare Tired Rims that sat and sat and no one esle did anything about it. They were the same as the present rim but had a 3 year older date code and they finally agreed to have me put them on the line for use. So if this was a 1970 rear end maybe it sat and finally got shoved into this Cuda. I know of a 1971 HemiCuda also built at this time April 1971 that has a 1970 Shaker hood on it originally and have seen one other shaker on a Cuda that has a 1970 Shaker Hood built in April. Did Chrysler want to get rid of these hoods and a good place was on a Cuda or was stock low and pulled hood from a parts warehouse. You would have to be there to know.

1971 HEMI E BODY REGISTRY