Originally Posted by Satilite73
To kinda answer Copper Dart, I was looking at AGM batteries for my wagon because they are sealed. How many of our old cars are rotted all out around the battery tray area? I was (am) wanting to prevent this. beer

I just replaced the batteries in the '15 Durango (battery was bad) and the '16 300 (just cause it's getting old) with AC/Delco AGM Professional series. Durango is mounted in a well under the front passenger seat (biggest PITA I've ever dealt with battery wise) and the 300 in the trunk. What's remarkable is there wasn't a iota of corrosion present, ANYWHERE. NEVER seen that before, I didn't even clean the terminals. The D got a group 49 for ~ $200, the 300 got a group 94R for ~ $165 from Amazon. They're vented similarly to old Corvettes, but just one vent, on the end, you plug the other unused side with the supplied plug.

Just FYI, the dealer charged $113 to diagnose the battery and wanted MORE than $500 for the battery. She called me and I told her to just leave now but they'd already started the diagnosis when she called me. I was taken aback, they're cheap on oil changes, tires, filters, but batteries? Not bending over for that. Oh, and the $300 they want for the driver side front turn signal. Since I didn't spend $800 on a light bulb and a battery, I figured the two replacement batteries were cheap.

'68 Fury Convertible
'69 300 Convertible
'15 Durango 5.7 Hemi
'16 300 S Hemi