Well, I went with the EverStart, a little over $124.00 with tax out the door. Battery lists for $125.00, I have a friend that let me use their employee discount (not one of my EX's Doc so shuddap). 5yr warranty, 3 yr free replacement, 2 yr prorated.

Truck runs smoother now too. Hmmm.

Before I got rid of the RedTop, I looked for a manufacture date. Turns out it had been sitting for over a year before I bought it. So I guess you could say technically it lasted 5 years, not 4.. (battery I just bought is only 4 months old)

I noticed two things with the RedTop as I was disconnecting it. It was leaking from around the NEG post and the NEG post was loose. confused Not crazy wobble around loose, but I was able to move it with just my fingers. It wasn't leaking before, and I'm certain the post wasn't 'loose'. I'm not one to pry/rip terminals off of posts.

To kinda answer Copper Dart, I was looking at AGM batteries for my wagon because they are sealed. How many of our old cars are rotted all out around the battery tray area? I was (am) wanting to prevent this.

beer

John

The dream is dead, long live the dream.......😥