My Optima score card:
Blue top: born 1-11: still used in our boat during the summer and race trailer in the winter to run the winch and cool down the racecar.

Red top 1: born 3-13: in my daily driven 96 Jeep XJ. Survives through some incredible under hood temps during the summer months. Still has OE battery cables.

Red top 2 & 3: born 2-18 and 2-19. The 18 came from my daughters 200 when she traded it in. My experiment with Duracell AGM batteries failed after 2 years in my 01 Dodge CTD pickup (Was looking for a more affordable AGM = fail! Got money back as they were 3yr battery). I bought another red top in 19 to pair up with the 18. Probably my third set of batteries in that vehicle in 20 years, and still sports the OE battery cables as well.

Red top 4: born 4-20. That ones in the race car

My “deal” with optima is this: zero acid/ corrosion damage in any of my vehicles. Avg life of a battery in the desert SW is 2 years. I’ve exceeded that every time by at least 3x. Do I hate paying for them? Uhhhh….. YEAH! abhorrently expensive!! On the other hand I’ve seen what wet cell batteries do out here and have made a ton of money repairing damage from them.

My hatred for batteries is only overshadowed by tires smile