Originally Posted by cudaman1969
Originally Posted by Transman
Much as I hate to say it the Chevies had us covered.

Notice the date the records were set.

Just like today, nobody runs as fast as they can or weight is added to your class. The big hitters never ran all out. Chrysler told the A cars to not bomb the record so the little guys in their class have a chance, more cars more publicity.

Most fast cars sandbagged to a point but I don’t recall ever seeing/hearing any Chrysler product run a second under the record.

I know of a few Chrysler products that won class by running out the backdoor and ended up bombing the record, but no where did they run more than a tenth or two under.

Was directly involved in all the Chrysler “activities” from around 67 to 80. Pretty much knew what cars were sandbagging and which ones were bogus.
Some “heroes” won SS back in the day that should have been tossed but even they didn’t run a second under the record either.

And the other thing to use as a benchmark. A similar car in a differentiations Eliminator like MP.
1975 - A/MP 68 Dart at 426 @ 3400 lbs. Tunnel ram, ported aluminum heads, ran 9.45 @ 145-148 mph.
How would a SS legal SS/A car go that fast the same year with “legal” heads and a crossram.?

Last edited by Transman; 12/23/21 06:38 PM.