Originally Posted by DaveRS23
Originally Posted by Mr T2U
Originally Posted by DaveRS23
So, if you're not an OE certified shop, you are a 'back-yard hack'? Not much middle ground with you. tsk

No matter what you or VW or any one else says, the OEs cannot possibly ensure the quality of work being done to their cars outside of their warranty process. And frankly it's none of their business. That is the domain of the regulators. In the end, as long as there are auto wrecking yards, the parts will be available. So in some ways, the OE's position on structural parts could actually make the situation even worse. But they don't care about that, do they?

I do have one question; What is the hourly repair rate at your 'certified shops'?

i work in a "VW CERTIFIED" body shop. the only one in all of SE Wisconsin, Hall VW Mazda collision center.
i don't know how other manufacturers certify their shops. but to get VW CERTIFIED you have to allow VW access to your repair records and they audit the records and personally inspect a few repairs you have done annually. . they also do surprise inspections of your body shop several times a year to see how cars and repairs are done in the shop.
you are required to have certain type of equipment in your shop and it has to be maintained and checked regularly with the manufacturer. the shop must be currently I-Car certified and ASE certified. the techs need to attend both VW online and I-Car training classes and they must have current certifications on welding, painting and frame work.

i have to check a estimate but i think the shop charges $62 or $65 hr.

Holy smokes, I need to start sending cars to you! That is well below any of the body shops here in the sticks of southern Illinois. That is a very reasonable rate. Very reasonable. work

Bill Jacobs Chevrolet, Joliet Illinois, had a $65.00 an hour labor rate 30 or more years ago. realcrazy

July 19th should be "Drive Like Rockford Day". R.I.P. Jimmie.