Years ago I was buying a new car. Window sticker had the MSRP on it. Addition "SALE!" tag had it marked down about $3k from MSRP. End of year, new models coming out and I got a top of the line fully optioned out 2010 Ford Focus SES l for less than the 2011 Focus base model next to it. Or so I thought till I got to signing paperwork. They tried to add on Scotchbrite treatment, window crystal treatment, nitrogen in the tires, etc.

I looked at that and said nope, take it off. Was told " we can't", Told them I still had the keys to my trade in, grabbed my jacket and headed out the door. They were liek whoa stop what can we do to make this happen. Told them I would pay the SALE tag price, plus TTL and not a nickle more. Got it. Then Ford sent me a customer satisfaction survey and I hammered them for their deceptive BS. Dealership called me about a week later to discuss my review and I told them that what they did was fraud and if it wasn't illegal it sure as heck was not honest. I told them about the added window sticker I saw when I was stationed in CA and how it spelled out all that stuff so the customer had an honest price to look at and make a decision on. later on I saw they were doing that.

I have bought 5 new cars in this town, my experiences with 2 dealers has lead me to never, ever go there again. One of those dealers is an All American dealership (bought two new Dodges from them, went to buy a third a couple years later and got the treatment), they have three (CDJR, Honda, Chevy) of the 6 new car dealerships here and I won't go to any All American dealership. The other dealer was locally own, Ford. That leaves GMC and Cadillac, my last new vehicle is a GMC, locally owned dealer, great experience.

I will never buy any vehicle, ever, from and dealership that does a market adjustment scam. Or parts from them either.