Moparts

Thats a nope for me

Posted By: bigdad

Thats a nope for me - 12/18/21 03:03 PM

Lol .. price's these days

Attached picture ramprice.jpg
Posted By: rdrnr6970

Re: Thats a nope for me - 12/18/21 03:11 PM

:xmaseek I was hinting at wanting one with my wife but ahhh well keep our 2019 blacked out hemi ram and hopefully I can retire soon!lol!Market adjustment? Santa5
Posted By: VS29H0B

Re: Thats a nope for me - 12/18/21 03:14 PM

IInsane ....

BTW nitrogen tire fill is free at Costco Tire Centers on the East Coast.
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: Thats a nope for me - 12/18/21 03:34 PM

Our sales manager just bought one for a bit over 80k. I’m sure he’ll drive it for a year and sell at a profit. Think we’ve had 4 TRX ordered where I work for customers. It really is a pretty amazing pickup.
Posted By: A12

Re: Thats a nope for me - 12/18/21 03:45 PM

scope Hey that stock number would make it a Road Runner coupe/post car grin
Posted By: IMGTX

Re: Thats a nope for me - 12/18/21 03:59 PM

Wow just wow..

It is California...but still... Nope is definitely the word.
Posted By: moparx

Re: Thats a nope for me - 12/18/21 04:18 PM

BETTER braking and IMPROVED steering response with nitrogen filled tires ?????????? eek whistling work haha nervous panic punkrocka rolleyes boogie
why, SURE...................... laugh2

what TOTAL BULL$HIT !!!!!!!! mad down
beer
Posted By: dOc !

Re: Thats a nope for me - 12/18/21 04:24 PM

mopX ... yur way over budget on smilie usage !

APPROACHING that bend over apimp tsk

13 smilies ... plus the fOuL language ?

That’s a 15$ fine ! wave
Posted By: topside

Re: Thats a nope for me - 12/18/21 04:54 PM

Uh, that's a big NFW at base price.
And the market adjustment and add-ons are nuts !

I think that address was once a Dodge dealership, and Russ Westbrook currently plays for the Lakers.
Posted By: Stanton

Re: Thats a nope for me - 12/18/21 05:15 PM

I'm thinking $495 for nitrogen is a joke. We used to run nitrogen in our kart tires. Bled the tire down after each race and refilled before the next. I think a cylinder refill was only $50 and lasted a season.
Posted By: BloFish

Re: Thats a nope for me - 12/18/21 05:47 PM

Stupid money
Posted By: crackedback

Re: Thats a nope for me - 12/18/21 07:36 PM

Since most of the atmosphere is Nitrogen ~78%... ummmm yeah....
Posted By: not_a_charger

Re: Thats a nope for me - 12/18/21 07:39 PM

Why would anyone pay for glass etching? laugh2
Posted By: Sniper

Re: Thats a nope for me - 12/18/21 07:45 PM

Years ago I was buying a new car. Window sticker had the MSRP on it. Addition "SALE!" tag had it marked down about $3k from MSRP. End of year, new models coming out and I got a top of the line fully optioned out 2010 Ford Focus SES l for less than the 2011 Focus base model next to it. Or so I thought till I got to signing paperwork. They tried to add on Scotchbrite treatment, window crystal treatment, nitrogen in the tires, etc.

I looked at that and said nope, take it off. Was told " we can't", Told them I still had the keys to my trade in, grabbed my jacket and headed out the door. They were liek whoa stop what can we do to make this happen. Told them I would pay the SALE tag price, plus TTL and not a nickle more. Got it. Then Ford sent me a customer satisfaction survey and I hammered them for their deceptive BS. Dealership called me about a week later to discuss my review and I told them that what they did was fraud and if it wasn't illegal it sure as heck was not honest. I told them about the added window sticker I saw when I was stationed in CA and how it spelled out all that stuff so the customer had an honest price to look at and make a decision on. later on I saw they were doing that.

I have bought 5 new cars in this town, my experiences with 2 dealers has lead me to never, ever go there again. One of those dealers is an All American dealership (bought two new Dodges from them, went to buy a third a couple years later and got the treatment), they have three (CDJR, Honda, Chevy) of the 6 new car dealerships here and I won't go to any All American dealership. The other dealer was locally own, Ford. That leaves GMC and Cadillac, my last new vehicle is a GMC, locally owned dealer, great experience.

I will never buy any vehicle, ever, from and dealership that does a market adjustment scam. Or parts from them either.

Re: Thats a nope for me - 12/18/21 07:48 PM

Scotchbrite treatment

Please tell me you mean Scotchguard treatment, and not Scotchbrite treatment. biggrin
Posted By: Sniper

Re: Thats a nope for me - 12/18/21 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by not_a_charger
Scotchbrite treatment

Please tell me you mean Scotchguard treatment, and not Scotchbrite treatment. biggrin

Lol, must have been thing of how they were trying to err.. not sure how to say it politely.

Yes scotch guard.
Posted By: larrymopar360

Re: Thats a nope for me - 12/18/21 08:15 PM

I stopped reading when I saw their market adjustment. They can go to H E double hockey sticks.

Re: Thats a nope for me - 12/18/21 08:17 PM

I'm a big Russell Westbrook fan, but not THAT much of a fan.
Posted By: gtx6970

Re: Thats a nope for me - 12/19/21 03:49 AM

Im not sure which is worst $50k market adjustment
or $495 for nitrogen filled tires.

THATS a scam and always has been
Posted By: Twostick

Re: Thats a nope for me - 12/19/21 04:17 AM

Originally Posted by BloFish
Stupid money

Not as stupid as the door knob that pays it.

Kevin
Posted By: autoxcuda

Re: Thats a nope for me - 12/19/21 05:55 AM

Originally Posted by topside
Uh, that's a big NFW at base price.
And the market adjustment and add-ons are nuts !

I think that address was once a Dodge dealership, and Russ Westbrook currently plays for the Lakers.

It’s the old Van Nuys Dodge. The last 2 or 3 ownerships/management groups have been a joke.
Posted By: 70Duster

Re: Thats a nope for me - 12/19/21 11:18 AM

At some point in time in the future, the economy will be different, gas prices will be higher, the factories will be making far more than they can sell, and the dealers will be begging to sell them at 15 or 20% off MSRP with no additional mark ups. It will be hard to feel sorry for them thinking back to their attempted rape with this type of pricing.

Re: Thats a nope for me - 12/19/21 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by Twostick
Originally Posted by BloFish
Stupid money

Not as stupid as the door knob that pays it.

Kevin
"You sir are no gentleman"!

"Hey, I'm not exactly a door knob either". laugh
Posted By: RTSrunner

Re: Thats a nope for me - 12/19/21 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by A12

And the FU in the VIN sequence is the icing on the price
Posted By: bobby66

Re: Thats a nope for me - 12/19/21 06:54 PM

Probably some wiggle room in that 50 grand.... work

Re: Thats a nope for me - 12/19/21 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by RTSrunner
Originally Posted by A12

And the FU in the VIN sequence is the icing on the price
Yes that says it all
Posted By: Mr PotatoHead

Re: Thats a nope for me - 12/19/21 11:14 PM

This past week I spoke to my local lil dealer about locating an orange 2021 TRX and he was able to with the added costs. The best he could come up with was.... people are more then happy to pay the extra to get this truck.

Not me, even if I could afford the "adjustment" its for the rich and foolish imo... not a hater just cant see paying more then designed.

Re: Thats a nope for me - 12/20/21 01:12 AM

Originally Posted by Mr PotatoHead
This past week I spoke to my local lil dealer about locating an orange 2021 TRX and he was able to with the added costs. The best he could come up with was.... people are more then happy to pay the extra to get this truck.

Not me, even if I could afford the "adjustment" its for the rich and foolish imo... not a hater just cant see paying more then designed.
This is how I feel. I just might pull the trigger on a graphite Level 1 options if at sticker. A dollar over and they can go you know what. If for no other reason the principle. When I bought my '06 SRT8 Charger brand new they were pulling the "Market Adjustment" crap also. I found one exactly as I wanted (color, options) in Ft. Lauderdale which is only about 120 miles from me. I called the dealership and said I would sticker price, cash and give a credit card deposit of how ever much they wanted right now. Salesman said he needed to check and would call me back. Fifteen minutes later he calls back and says "my manager said he won't take a nickel less than $5000 over sticker". A few days later one popped up at a dealership in Missouri, so I called and said same thing. They said yes, and I shipped for $600.

A year later you could find slightly used ones way under sticker.
Posted By: chargervert

Re: Thats a nope for me - 12/20/21 04:31 AM

My friend just bought a TRX,I saw it for the first time tonight. 5k over sticker,just over 100k.
Posted By: Kern Dog

Re: Thats a nope for me - 12/20/21 04:33 AM

There has been a sob story told by the dealers lately that they don't make much money on new vehicle sales. The story is that the internet has put a bright light on the actual cost the dealers pay for the cars so they are having a difficult time making the huge profits that they used to make. The shortages we have seen this year do add some legitimacy to the rumor though.
I do know for a fact that when my Dad sold cars, the parts and service departments were where the majority of the money was made. They carried all the overhead for the dealership and the sales department was there almost as a gateway to sell those parts and services.
I remember those b u l l s h i t market adjustments being tacked on the 2008 Challengers. They were great cars but within a few years, the cars were selling for well below MSRP. For the dudes that HAD to have the newest thing, they sure paid a steep price for it.
Posted By: chargervert

Re: Thats a nope for me - 12/20/21 01:09 PM

We bought our 2009 Challenger R/T classic , off the showroom floor at sticker, other dealerships were marking them up between 5 and 10 grand over sticker at the time.
Posted By: dart4forte

Re: Thats a nope for me - 12/20/21 03:13 PM

With that price they’ll see even more of their dwindling stock sitting on the sales lot. Surprised they aren't charging for the chips
Posted By: moparx

Re: Thats a nope for me - 12/20/21 06:15 PM

makes my 99 caravan ["the bus"] look better all the time. biggrin
beer
Posted By: wingman

Re: Thats a nope for me - 12/20/21 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by Frankenduster
I do know for a fact that when my Dad sold cars, the parts and service departments were where the majority of the money was made. They carried all the overhead for the dealership and the sales department was there almost as a gateway to sell those parts and services.

Yep. That's why vehicle option "subscriptions" (mentioned in another thread) and "right to repair" are both such big issues right now. Manufacturers are working to find ways to force you to go back to that dealer service department whether you want to or not.

Re: Thats a nope for me - 12/21/21 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by Frankenduster
There has been a sob story told by the dealers lately that they don't make much money on new vehicle sales. The story is that the internet has put a bright light on the actual cost the dealers pay for the cars so they are having a difficult time making the huge profits that they used to make. The shortages we have seen this year do add some legitimacy to the rumor though.
I remember those b u l l s h i t market adjustments being tacked on the 2008 Challengers. They were great cars but within a few years, the cars were selling for well below MSRP. For the dudes that HAD to have the newest thing, they sure paid a steep price for it.
Well I do know they never made a huge killing on new cars, and used cars were their cash cow, along with service as you mentioned. I wonder if they ever think about the ill will created with this practice. $5k isn't too bad.

Re: Thats a nope for me - 12/21/21 10:11 PM

I would bend over a bit on the added 5k if I could get the one I wanted (color) but unfortunately the reason I want that color and the reason a certain demographic would want it is very different from mine but it will probably keep the 2021 ones in orange on the high side of things.
Posted By: furious70

Re: Thats a nope for me - 12/21/21 10:15 PM

If you want a TRX, there have been multiple dealers offering $10k off sticker on orders, wait time TBD. But the swing in price vs on the lot today could well be 10-50k depending on where you are.

I thought about buying one for hellcat + AWD. Really wanted a Trackhawk but they are unobtanium. I ordered a HC Charger instead and will just stay home on snow days.

Re: Thats a nope for me - 12/21/21 10:25 PM

If you want a TRX, there have been multiple dealers offering $10k off sticker on orders, wait time TBD.

Thanks, I was just looking online and might be able to order close to what I want, hard to tell what shade of orange it really is.
Posted By: CKessel

Re: Thats a nope for me - 12/21/21 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by bigdad
Lol .. price's these days

Highway robbery for sure but it will be interesting to see if some fool HAS TO HAVE IT regardless if they are getting hosed. I remember when the PT's first came out. The dealer I worked at, parts Dept for me, had a line of idiots wrapped out the door to pay a way inflated sticker instead of waiting and shopping. No one is holding a gun to the head of the buyer to make them purchase it.
© 2024 Moparts Forums