Good lookin' car and nice article.

FWIW, I have 2 383s. One is .06" over with stock stock. The second is .03" over with a 440 crank. I have two sets of 906's. One set has 2.08/1.74 Manley valves. The second set has Ferrea 2.14/1.81" valves. I have run both head sets on both short blocks. No notching of bore required.

I doubt any would be required for your 434ci, and if it did it would be minor. This is assuming TF placed the valves at the same spacing as the 906. If you're at 4.31" of bore and TF says you need a minimum of 4.32" that closes the cylinder closer to the valve by .005" with the smaller bore. That's a sheet of paper!

If the TF 2.19" valves do interfer then taking a few thousandths off the valve would be insignificant to the valve job and easy to do. Hell, I've done it a drill press with a flat file and some emery cloth.

For half the money you'll spend on a new set of 240's you could probably get the RPMs cnc'd and/or port finished real nice. Many seam to have forgotten the RPMs are a pretty good head. With that said my first choice would be a set of 240s or even 270's if you're willing to twist it a little higher.