I had something similar happen way back in 1995. I had a 66 Fury that was my daily driver and it was constantly leaking transmission oil. I could never find the leak. So I said screw it and drove it, adding oil when it needed it. On my way home from work one day I could really smell ATF on the exhaust and I’m thinking WTH??? And then in an instant it looked like I was crop dusting. Fortunately I was 2 blocks from my house so I got it home. I pulled it into the alley so it didn’t drip oil all over the driveway or my shop floor and let it drip for a few hours. Once I wiped everything down so I could see what was going on, I found one of the cooler lines had split. Right in the seam. So that thing was leaking from that seam for a long time before it blew like a death aneurism. And it was impossible to figure out where the leak was coming from because the air under the car would coat the underside of the car with ATF so it looked like it leaked everywhere. Once I fixed that it was dry as a bone.

Last edited by madscientist; 11/29/21 10:13 AM.

Just because you think it won't make it true. Horsepower is KING. To dispute this is stupid. C. Alston