I've not been in a committed relationship for 17 years now. Kind fascinating since I'm 40. Back in my early 20's, I did everything I could to try and land a steady side piece but learned that I'm neither rich enough nor good looking enough to get away with my attitude. I consider a woman to be my equal. There should be no dominant or submissive in the relationship. I think today they'd refer to it as being a "Simp"; which I will have no part in. I have a few acquaintances who've gone in for that lifestyle and it turns my stomach. I'm sorry, but a grown man should not need to ask wifey's permission if he can go play with his friends. While I have had some very attractive ladies attached to me, it always ends for one reason or another: usually, I tire of their games or they just glom on to somebody with more money.

I'd rather be single and happy with myself than in some kind of relationship and miserable.

I still look back and laugh. One of my longest relationships had the gall to say "If you sold some of the cars and stopped fooling with them, we could get a house." My response was: "If I got rid of you, I could still get the house and have more time & money for the cars." grin

And, I was right.

Last edited by That AMC Guy; 11/29/21 01:50 AM.

Bloody Mary, Full of Vodka, Blessed art thou among cocktails....