[quote=2boltmain]What if........? What if AFTER the dealership lots were packed with new EVs the oil companies dropped the price of oil to rock bottom making gas and diesel super cheap???? This is a tactic they can easily do. [/quote

What I tell everyone who is getting all worked up about electric cars is, just think how the people who made their livings from horses felt in 1900? We still have horses, and people still make a good living from that industry, not as many I will admit, but gasoline cars will be around for a very long time, and like the new internal combustion technology that replaced horses, the new electric technology, may replace internal combustion as our mainstream system. How many would go back to riding a horse to work? For that matter how many would use a manual typewriter in place of a computer? How many would give up a cell phone, and go back to a landline only phone? I still have a land line, and just got a letter from the phone company saying they will accept no new customers, and will be phasing out land lines in the future, which sucks because I live out in the country and a cell phone will not pickup at my home. But the only thing that does not change is that something is always changing.