Originally Posted by Pacnorthcuda
Originally Posted by oldjonny
LOL...total rip-off. I bought the Hella glass assemblies that look like the old headlights.

WAY cheaper

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/hla-002395801

Put any bulb you want in them. I did LED's in my '66. Work fine

Apples to oranges. Yours aren’t LED, therefore don’t offer the benefits of lower power consumption, easier wiring requirements, longer life etc. not saying LEDs are better, just different.

iagree Back in the very early '70's I was traveling a lot all over racing motorcycles and hauling my bike(s) in my van and really wanted to have better headlights along with fog and driving lights. I bought a pair of Cibie 7" H4 halogen headlights for around $140 a pair shock , and at that same time the regular tungsten sealed beam headlight bulbs were under $5 each. So in pricing comparison the $200 each for true LED headlights as to '70's H4 halogen @ $70 they're not that expensive IMO. Today a 7" round sealed beam halogen headlight runs around $25-$29 and H4 Hella bulb type 7" headlights are around $60 each...............has anyone checked the prices of other LED headlights from other sources shock

I'll most likely get a set of the Holley 5"x7" rectangular LED headlights for my truck instead of the Hella H4's I was considering as I think the pricing is in the ballpark or better for what is available now. up

(the older I get the more and more I appreciate better headlights and auxiliary fog and driving lights)