Moparts

New LED headlights by Holley?

Posted By: SattyNoCar

New LED headlights by Holley? - 11/26/21 04:46 PM

This popped up on my YouTube this morning. Have you guys seen this? Modern LED lights that look like the originals and don't require hacking to fit. Not exactly cheap, but, if you actually drive your old Mopar, it could be worth it.

Holley RetroBright Linky

A couple review videos from the YouTube channel 'Headlight Revolution'

scope
Posted By: Sniper

Re: New LED headlights by Holley? - 11/26/21 05:11 PM

A lot of ad guy gobbledygook in writeup.

I run a set of GE Nighthawks in my 51. They do work great. Not cheap either.

A set of Hella H4 7" conversion lamps is less than half the price of one of those Holleys, or my 7" GE's for that matter, and you'd be real hard pressed to complain about them.
Posted By: 340Cuda

Re: New LED headlights by Holley? - 11/26/21 05:29 PM

Looks like a good product if they last.

However at around $200 each I think the price needs to come down before they will sell many of them.
Posted By: MarkZ

Re: New LED headlights by Holley? - 11/26/21 06:21 PM

I've got $130 into mine using eBay housings and Super Bright LED H4 conversion bulbs. For a quality housing in addition to the LED $200 doesn't sound too bad.

Re: New LED headlights by Holley? - 11/26/21 07:22 PM

That is $200 each, $400 total

Re: New LED headlights by Holley? - 11/26/21 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by Sniper
That is $200 each, $400 total

Ha, never mind.
Posted By: Twostick

Re: New LED headlights by Holley? - 11/27/21 05:08 AM

No mention of heaters in them. They make almost no heat themselves, just enough to make snow melt slightly and freeze to the lens. They will go from bright lights to less than parking lights in no time flat in a storm.

Not as much of an issue with a fair weather cruiser but definitely a consideration for an all season daily driver.

J W Speaker makes heated ones at twice the price...

https://www.jwspeaker.com/products/led-headlights-model-8700-evo-2-db/#product_parts

Kevin
Posted By: 1972CudaV21

Re: New LED headlights by Holley? - 11/27/21 07:44 AM

More expensive than I expected...

Re: New LED headlights by Holley? - 11/27/21 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by Twostick
No mention of heaters in them. They make almost no heat themselves, just enough to make snow melt slightly and freeze to the lens. They will go from bright lights to less than parking lights in no time flat in a storm.

Not as much of an issue with a fair weather cruiser but definitely a consideration for an all season daily driver.

J W Speaker makes heated ones at twice the price...

https://www.jwspeaker.com/products/led-headlights-model-8700-evo-2-db/#product_parts

Kevin

That is definitely a point.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: bigdad

Re: New LED headlights by Holley? - 11/27/21 04:41 PM

any body make anything to fit a 2000 Dodge pickup .. headlights on it are horrible

Attached picture blunty2k.jpg
Posted By: 05dakota

Re: New LED headlights by Holley? - 11/27/21 05:06 PM

and 800 for a 4 light system
Posted By: autoxcuda

Re: New LED headlights by Holley? - 11/27/21 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by Sniper
A lot of ad guy gobbledygook in writeup.

I run a set of GE Nighthawks in my 51. They do work great. Not cheap either.

A set of Hella H4 7" conversion lamps is less than half the price of one of those Holleys, or my 7" GE's for that matter, and you'd be real hard pressed to complain about them.

And the Holley’s still aren’t domed like originals.

They don’t look much different than the Hella’s.

work

Is this a “private label” repackage deal ??

I know Holley bought a lot of companies, but I didn’t hear one was a light manufacturer confused
Posted By: oldjonny

Re: New LED headlights by Holley? - 11/27/21 07:07 PM

LOL...total rip-off. I bought the Hella glass assemblies that look like the old headlights.

WAY cheaper

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/hla-002395801

Put any bulb you want in them. I did LED's in my '66. Work fine
Posted By: Pacnorthcuda

Re: New LED headlights by Holley? - 11/27/21 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by oldjonny
LOL...total rip-off. I bought the Hella glass assemblies that look like the old headlights.

WAY cheaper

Apples to oranges. Yours aren’t LED, therefore don’t offer the benefits of lower power consumption, easier wiring requirements, longer life etc. not saying LEDs are better, just different.
Posted By: A12

Re: New LED headlights by Holley? - 11/27/21 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by Pacnorthcuda

WAY cheaper

Apples to oranges. Yours aren’t LED, therefore don’t offer the benefits of lower power consumption, easier wiring requirements, longer life etc. not saying LEDs are better, just different.

iagree Back in the very early '70's I was traveling a lot all over racing motorcycles and hauling my bike(s) in my van and really wanted to have better headlights along with fog and driving lights. I bought a pair of Cibie 7" H4 halogen headlights for around $140 a pair shock , and at that same time the regular tungsten sealed beam headlight bulbs were under $5 each. So in pricing comparison the $200 each for true LED headlights as to '70's H4 halogen @ $70 they're not that expensive IMO. Today a 7" round sealed beam halogen headlight runs around $25-$29 and H4 Hella bulb type 7" headlights are around $60 each...............has anyone checked the prices of other LED headlights from other sources shock

I'll most likely get a set of the Holley 5"x7" rectangular LED headlights for my truck instead of the Hella H4's I was considering as I think the pricing is in the ballpark or better for what is available now. up

(the older I get the more and more I appreciate better headlights and auxiliary fog and driving lights)

Posted By: 340SIX

Re: New LED headlights by Holley? - 11/27/21 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by A12

WAY cheaper

iagree Back in the very early '70's I was traveling a lot all over racing motorcycles and hauling my bike(s) in my van and really wanted to have better headlights along with fog and driving lights. I bought a pair of Cibie 7" H4 halogen headlights for around $140 a pair shock , and at that same time the regular tungsten sealed beam headlight bulbs were under $5 each. So in pricing comparison the $200 each for true LED headlights as to '70's H4 halogen @ $70 they're not that expensive IMO. Today a 7" round sealed beam halogen headlight runs around $25-$29 and H4 Hella bulb type 7" headlights are around $60 each...............has anyone checked the prices of other LED headlights from other sources shock

I'll most likely get a set of the Holley 5"x7" rectangular LED headlights for my truck instead of the Hella H4's I was considering as I think the pricing is in the ballpark or better for what is available now. up

(the older I get the more and more I appreciate better headlights and auxiliary fog and driving lights)

I agree. Also I spent a pile oh cash on a new M&H dash harness, tail lamp, and engine bay with forward light harness.
I have a thing about cutting any of them no matter how simple.
Plug and play with these and low current draw.
Posted By: AndyF

Re: New LED headlights by Holley? - 11/28/21 12:33 AM

Originally Posted by 05dakota
and 800 for a 4 light system

It would be $800 for all four lights but I think a person could just install the low beams and call it good. Most driving is with the low beams so that is where the big bang for the buck is. I've been thinking about switching but I'm not in any hurry. I rarely drive my Coronet at night so I don't think it really matters for me.

Re: New LED headlights by Holley? - 11/28/21 02:26 AM

WAY cheaper

YES MINE ARE LED. READING IS FUNDAMENTAL

I bought the empty housings and put LED bulbs in them. Work like a charm
Posted By: fourgearsavoy

Re: New LED headlights by Holley? - 11/28/21 02:39 AM

I just converted my Savoy to 4 sealed halogen beams and added a headlight relay wiring system. All this in conjunction with a good Denso alternator my lights are more than I need with the bright lights on.

Gus beer
Posted By: 6PakBee

Re: New LED headlights by Holley? - 11/28/21 02:22 PM

WAY cheaper

I see the note at the bottom that these as supplied are for off road only. Just a comment.
Posted By: moparx

Re: New LED headlights by Holley? - 11/28/21 05:31 PM

the factory headlights on my wife's 1994 chrysler concorde were rated awful back when the car was new. in 97 an "improved" version was invented by the powers that be, but that version sucked as well. both versions used a series 9007 halogen bulb.
i found an NOS set of the factory "improved" housings at a swap meet super cheap because the guy didn't know what they fit.
installing them on the car, as expected, they were not much of an improvement if any.
bought a pair of cheapo LED's off of the bag as an experiment. the car now has the best headlights it has ever had.
however with that said, it just means that you can at least see ahead of the car some now.
the main problem with these headlights is the design of the lens. they only have a couple of flutes in them, so basically, you have no way to project what light whichever bulb you choose.
this same light housing was used in the intrepids and eagle talons of the 93-97 model years.
my next step is to see if it's possible to fit some kind of projector bulbs in the factory housings.

back in the day when our daily drivers had four 5 3/4" round headlights, i replaced the high beams with ge or sylvania 100w aircraft landing lights.
i know, off road only, but you could SEE down the road with those things ! devil
relays required with those bulbs !
beer
Posted By: 19swinger70

Re: New LED headlights by Holley? - 11/28/21 06:05 PM

I would like to try them, but $400 for a pair of headlights is a tough call. I'm not saying they aren't worth it - that is just a tough price point for 2 headlights!

Re: New LED headlights by Holley? - 11/28/21 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by 6PakBee

WAY cheaper

I see the note at the bottom that these as supplied are for off road only. Just a comment.

I know you’re just the messenger… but

So is the cam and 50% of the rest of my car.

Re: New LED headlights by Holley? - 11/28/21 06:19 PM

WAY cheaper

Ive run H4’s in my OE 1968 harness for over 20 years.

If you park the car outside for the rain to get to it and don’t drive it much for in year they can fill with moisture. The was in SoCal climate.

Re: New LED headlights by Holley? - 11/29/21 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by autoxcuda
Originally Posted by 6PakBee

WAY cheaper

I know you’re just the messenger… but

So is the cam and 50% of the rest of my car.

LOL...this is 2021...can kids drink out of a garden hose still?

Re: New LED headlights by Holley? - 11/29/21 02:08 AM

I've got $130 tied up into this. Only using two headlights in this photo. Still need to aim them properly. Was the first time out after installing new adjustment hardware.

Attached picture 20211026_194213.jpg
Attached picture 20210301_011027.jpg
Attached picture 20210301_010906.jpg
Attached picture 20210301_010958.jpg
© 2024 Moparts Forums