Originally Posted by fastmark
Well you did start a p**ing contest looks like. Why didn’t you just ask the stupid question instead of just trying to insult everyone. I’ve got a customer that needs aluminum heads instead of iron for this build. Roller rockers are expensive but that’s not the real issue. They are just really very noisy. I’m trying to keep the noise to a minimum since we are using a low lift cam and don’t need the adjustablity. Now you know.

Well as stated, I didn't meant to start a p'ing contest and just asked a simple question. I'm sorry if your wheaties are wet but it wasn't me up
With that being said you may want to look at the following

LINKY 1

LINKY 2

And then there's this:
Although it is possible to use your factory stock stamped steel non adjustable rockers with the Edelbrock LA heads, Edelbrock does recommend using adjustable rockers with their LA heads. It is very possible to use stock stamped steel rockers with an aftermarket camshaft with a total valve lift of up to .500 or so. Many people have done this successfully. Although you should proceed with some caution and check that everything will work together as it should.

And last:
Best Bang For Your Buck – New Cast Rocker Arms (SEE PIC BELOW)
If you’ve bought an assembled pair of Edelbrock heads they will come with valves and springs installed. The springs are suitable for camshaft lifts of up to .575. Unfortunately, Edelbrock doesn’t make rocker arms for small block LA Mopar heads. So, we’ll start with a cast set of rockers from Mancini Racing.

If you’re familiar with the factory valve train for the small block LA engine, then you’d know that most of the rocker arms on these engines are stamped steel. You’d also know that the cast rockers were only available on the 340 T/A engine and the mighty little 273. Back in the day, cast rocker arms were the ones to have.

It’s common practise when seeking to build a performance small block LA Mopar engine on a budget, to scour the junk yards for a 273 engine’s valve train. The problem with stamped steel rockers is, although they serve their purpose fairly well and reliably, once you increase valve spring load, you could very well pierce a stamped rocker with a pushrod end.

Along with high valve lift camshafts is the need for increased valve spring pressures. Unfortunately with todays performance camshafts, the 273 cast rockers do not like high valve spring pressures either. So this brings us to the new adjustable cast rocker arm set, offered and made by Mancini Racing.

They are suitable for valve lift of up to .500-520. Which is plenty for a hot little street engine of 400 plus horsepower. If you’re looking to go this route, you’ll need to use a ball and cup type pushrod with these rockers. They sell for $274.95 as of September 18, 2020.

I asked a simple question due to my 40+ years of experiences with the LA motors and rocker arm failures. There is also the fact that we are dealing with 50 years old blocks that may have been decked, new cylinder heads, all while trying to maintain proper valve adjustment and geometry.
We likely attended different schools which is fine and I see no reason to respond the way you and some others did.
But to each their own. I'll try to remember to not respond to your posts in the future beer

rockers.jpg