Originally Posted by 71GTX471
Originally Posted by scratchnfotraction
Hummm… do old antique Harleys count? I never wanted a Harley but I have always wanted a Sportster. I ride a 82 Sportster xlh 1000. kinda old and slow compared to todays Harleys but it ran from 82-2018 before I rebuilt the engine/trans and just now rolling 9,000 miles on the rebuild.

I am sentimental with it for several reasons.

In 1982 AMF sold/changed back to Harley Davison.

25th anniversary of the Sportster XL line.

I was 18 & graduated in 82' and I got married in 82"

I have been looking for a new ride when I retire soon and I just cant do new. I am looking for a 82-84 shovelhead FXR to ride next.

I have been gathering parts for a chopper/bobber build and have frame/title & 75% of a 84 Sportster xlx and ordered a hardtail kit/springer front end. ridged looks cool but ride sucks so I have also thought about a Harley trike.

but again looking at all the newer styles of trikes and conversions I just cant do newer.

I have looked into Harley servi-carts and think I would love to do one of those up chopper style. lots of choices with them being around from 1937-74 with everything from a flathead 45 to a knucklehead/shovelhead FL engines.

so a chopped out shovelhead servi cart added to the bucket list.

BUT... if I had to pick a newer one I guess a 2003 Heritage Classic 100th Anniversary model would be the one.

What ever you get just make sure it has a EVO eng.

Yep. My 1987 FXRC.

Greg

FXRC_67.jpg