Originally Posted by A12
I'm semi-looking for a bike that'll go between the supermoto and the Harley. Maybe a flat tracker inspired INDIAN OR a hypermotard.

bawling

Everything I've read says it's better than the long-defunct XR1200X, it looks absolutely killer, and is a much more appealing bike to me than the new Sportster S. I can't bring myself to buy an Indian though. I was working at Roush at the time when the last incarnation of Indian pulled the plug on our in house motor design and went with an S&S crate motor instead. I also grew up in Milwaukee and have multiple friends that are engineers at Harley too, so it's a bit of a hometown pride thing for me. It would be hitting too close to home if I defected on them, lol. The Bronx streetfighter concept was cool and I would've considered that but it got axed from what I understand.

I could see building one of these out of an 04 or earlier Sportster.

Other random options are a 690 Duke, a Husky 701 SM, or a light used Ducati hypermotard. Not interested in Ducati's other offerings but I love the idea of the hypermotard. Also really like the Aprilia SXV 550's but I have heard they're a reliability nightmare!

IMG_9198.jpg

'18 Ford Raptor, random motorcycles, 1968 Plymouth Fury III - 11.37 @ 118