So does that mean my '69 GTX has side windshields? Now when I'm inquiring about tinted door and quarter glass do I have to state "I'm looking for tinted front door windshields and driver's and passenger's rear side windshields"? shruggy wink What kind of reaction do you think you would get at the local Autozone if you asked for a replacement rear "windshield" wiper blade for your wife's minivan.......might as well pick up some blinker fluid and some 710 while you're at it laugh2

Actually to really confuse the issue.......the SAE calls it "glazing" wink

Mike

FMVSS 205:

Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard 205 – Glazing Materials
Glazing standards are regulated by Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard 205.

From 49 CFR Ch. V (10-1-04 Edition).

§ 571.205 Standard No. 205, Glazing materials
S1. Scope. This standard specifies requirements for glazing materials for
use in motor vehicles and motor vehicle equipment.

S2. Purpose. The purpose of this standard is to reduce injuries resulting
from impact to glazing surfaces, to ensure a necessary degree of transparency in motor vehicle windows for driver visibility, and to minimize the possibility of occupants being thrown through the vehicle windows in collisions.

S3. Application and Incorporation by Reference.

S3.1 Application. This standard applies to passenger cars, multipurpose passenger vehicles, trucks, buses, motorcycles, slide-in campers, pickup covers designed to carry persons while in motion, and low speed vehicles, and to glazing materials for use in those vehicles. For motor vehicles and glazing equipment manufactured before September 1, 2006, the manufacturer may, at its option, comply with 49 CFR 571.205 revised as of October 1, 2003 instead of this version.