Originally Posted by 8urvette
Originally Posted by 2boltmain
In my opinion you should move forward with the 440. I think you want to regardless anyway.

Thats kinda how it seems to be. The 383 has all the mods done to it to make more power. INtake, Cam, Headers, EFI, heads. And like I said the best we got out of it (remeber this is a street car) was 300 WHP. Ideally the 440 would be rebuilt and new pistons installed, but it has recent rebuild on it so why not just go with what it has???? Will it make less power than the 383 with the same parts on it? I doubt it.

The new setup will look more like this
low comp 440
520 ish lift cam- forgot duration
sinle plane victor intake
tti headers
sniper EFI
stealth heads
the car remains the same as

3500 stall
3.73 gears
65 b body

Will this be more of a tire shredding build than a 383 with similar engine parts and the same car setup?

before deciding I would do the math and work to figure out exactly how much compression the 383 atually has, mabe the same thing on the 440 motor and go from there twocents wrench scope
The Stealth heads have had two different combustion chambers sizes so if you have the smaller 80 CC versions it may make enough difference on both motors true compression ratio to help you decide scope
A 9.0 to 1 compression ratio on a 440 compared to a 10.5 to 1 383 may end up making the same HP with a larger increase in torque on the 440 work shruggy

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)