Yes it has double adjustable front and rear, Strange to be exact and so far seem to work well. It has a Grid in it, we will try to take the timing ramp out with these tires but when new ones go on it will be gone for sure and we will be adding timing at the hit rather than removing it. Was just worried the 7 year old tires and hot track might be a problem. Neither was an issue but we were bracket racing and just left it alone.

Like I say there is no magic bullet number. Some cars will gain nothing switching dramatically in SLR, others will react to small changes. Suspension style and efficiency IMO has a lot to do with that.

Transman, I am sure you are aware there are a myriad of gear ratios available for a torqueflite. We run a 2.19 and 2.14 first in the Vette, in conjunction with rear gear and converter to get it to respond to weather conditions to find the "sweet spot" for this combo. I was just using it as an example of how one can make a steeper SLR work. Heck most folks here would faint at where we like the converter to stall at, 95-9600 smile

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."

"It's never wrong to do the right thing"