Originally Posted by Al_Alguire
I think you need to work on the shock settings(maybe valving)and concentrate on the wheelspeed side of things more than worrying about the SLR. . Here is a video of 11.3:1 SLR that builds wheelspeed right now, and what most here would consider to muchbut if you can control wheelspeed it will always be the fast way down the track with a bias slick. We run the same tire you do a 29.5x10.5, we have been 1.13 60' with no wheelie at all, but if I wanted to i can just about flip the car over with a twist of a couple screws. If we are talking radial tires its a different animal but I assume when you list your tire size its a bias tire. And in that case wheelspeed is the key...Oh yeah excuse the make of the car its what we race these days cool

Thanks Al...i made the switch from a stock front end to a tubular front /coil overs i have the single adjustable fronts shocks , i had to have the shocks re-valve cause of weight transfer issues (is there a thin line between valving?) By the way the shocks are the Afco's if it matters. Some here say that they pull timing and ramp it back in that's a ideal to but that would require a ignition box change for me. My SLR right now is 10.05 and me thinking 9 something would be a better SLR but i see some here have SLR in the 7.