Originally Posted by cudaboy340
When we contacted the Subaru dealer for the airbag recall a couple of years ago, they told us that when we brought the car in that they couldn't legally release it back to us until it was repaired. At the same time, the recall said NOT to have anyone in the front, passenger seat due to the risk of shrapnel in the event that the airbag was to deploy. I told them that we NEED that car for an upcoming family vacation, which was true. They told us that the parts were possibly several months out. So I had a planned vacation and no car that I could safely use.

I told the dealer that they (or Subaru) needed to provide us with a loaner at no charge and they agreed. I was excited to have a new car for several months including use for a family vacation. On the day I dropped the car off, they told me that someone else canceled and they would have our car done the same day. Crap! I was looking forward to saving the mileage on our car and having a brand new top of the line to use for several months. NOTE: every time my wife has her car in for service they ALWAYS give her a brand new, top of the line Outback (same model as hers). Yes, it's a ploy to get us to buy a new one but that game doesn't work on me.

Ed

My experience with all subaru dealers: they treat customers like royalty. I bought a Jeep from a subaru dealer, I will keep this very short- when it broke while under warranty, my wife and I enjoyed brand new top of the line suby's as loaners. I hate them, she liked them.

Last edited by moparjim79; 09/28/21 09:58 PM.