Originally Posted by MOPARMIKE69
Originally Posted by Mastershake340
A little organization of a show field does not create a "us versus them" attitude. I have not been able to make the 13 hour jaunt out to Carlisle but I certainly have heard many talk about it, and the fact the cars on display are organized into categories has been something I have heard people compliment the quality of the show for.
On the other hand, I have heard people who have top quality restoration or customs considering going to the Nats but say they aren't going to take their car to the show unless they can get invited into one of the feature displays, as they don't want to get stuck in the "Fun Field". Suggest they are snobs all you want, but if these cars that many spectators are excited to see aren't there, they aren't there, and that diminishes the quality of the show. I was registered to bring my MCACN Concours gold winning Challenger to be in the Mr Norms display at Moparty and sadly the trailer I was promised to borrow to bring it fell through, and instead I just came as a spectator. I hopefully will buy a trailer by next year and won't have to take a chance on getting let down again like this year, but I am now thinking more about if I am really motivated to bring that car, or if one of my more "nice driver/local show" quality cars would be more appropriate, and that's where I am leaning given that although I think Moparty is a great show, it is not an appropriate show for a high level show car as it is currently organized.
It might not be practical to organize it to the level of Carlisle, but it could be organized somewhat better I think, with maybe 4 or 5 show car areas such as post 1990, pre 1990, truck, and customs for example.
Everyone talks about how the Nats has gone downhill so much over the years, and many have told me how much they hope Moparty will take over being the great show the Nats used to be. So far it's a great start! I watched a lot of drag racing and it was excellent. Maybe some of the racers have some concerns or ideas for improvement though? A good friend of mine participated in the rally racing both last year and this year and loved it, has nothing but praise for how that part of the show was organized.
My point isn't to rip on the show, on the contrary just give suggestions to help improve it from a great start. I have been involved with MCACN for 10 years including working at the show, and Bob Ashton strives to make the show better every year, he's always open to suggestions for improvement. And the show does get better every year! As he always reminds us during the employee meetings, the people who display their cars at our show spend a ton of money on transporting their cars to the show, entry fees and hotels etc and we must bend over backwards to make them feel appreciated and to feel that their effort and money spent was worthwhile. And I believe we succeed and that the vast majority of participants at MCACN are very satisfied with their experience. This should be the attitude of every car show organizer. twocents

For you to even bring up MCACN and try to compare it to the Moparty is laughable. How much do you spend to attend an indoor show at MCACN and $200 a night Hotels compared to the Moparty event? Then as a judge you have to get the owner of the car to sign off on the judging sheet. Really? That just makes the award less special because what judge wants to have to fight with an owner about his judging??? I know because I have experienced it personally. Oh and is MCACN an all Mopar show? Nope. Is it an awesome show that has it's niche and should be appreciated for what it is.

I am not a fan of Carlisle. You can't park with your friends. You do not get Judged it is just a dog and pony show with friends voting for friends. No night life or drag racing. Oh but you have nice bathrooms and they do have a great swap meet. We took a friends car to Carlisle that had just been shipped to SEMA on Ma Mopars dime and in their display and it got nothing at Carlisle. Again it has it's niche and should be appreciated for what it is.

You can bad mouth the Nats all you want but it still has drag racing, an organized Judged show field and everyone else can park with whomever they want. Great night life and plenty of Hotels. This year there were 2 Million dollar cars Judged in O.E. and they both received a Gold. A Gold award at the Nats is WAY more difficult than a Gold at MCACN. Does a Gold car at MCACN get Judged for 4 hours and the undercarriage Judged? A First place in the regular show classes at the Nats still carries more weight than a Gold at MCACN. I know because I have seen cars with these awards up close and personal. Plus the Nats still has a great swap meet. Again it has it's unique niche and should be appreciated for it.

These discussions remind me of the bad attitudes I often see on here with guys trashing Trailer Queen guys who trash driver guys who trash race guys who trash modern Mopar guys etc. As a Mopar guy you should accept and celebrate every Mopar out there and accept and support all the shows since they all have there place in the hobby.

The Moparty is an fun event. One that we didn't have 2 years ago. Celebrate it for what it is and respect it's unique niche and support for our beloved Mopars! So what if new cars are parked with classic cars, you get to see Mopars everywhere! Drag racing. Autocross. Mopar experience. Daily cruises. Vendors. Swap meet. Heck you can even bring your family to the water park on Saturday.

Final thought, and I am done. Either support ALL Mopar cars and hobbyists and ALL Mopar events, or sell your Mopar and buy another brand. Your either on the team or not.

Damn dude, lighten up Francis! I have been going to the Nats for over 30 years plus being a judge there for over 10 years, and going to Carlisle since 1992, and have been the head Mopar judge at MCACN for 9 of the 11 years, plus 10 17 years of Mopars at the Strip most of the time as a judge, and both years of Moparty, so I feel I have the experience to defend what Brad said. I offered my help at Moparty but they told me they got it and didn't need any help, but that is just not the case. Each show does have its good and bad, and I do support ALL Mopar events and I can tell you this, the Nats is way overblown for their judging and still make mistakes that I have personally seen, one reason I quit judging there. You sound like you are more disgruntled than Brad, sit back and re-read what you typed! Only once at MCACN was there an issue with a car me or my team judged, and it was with one of the owners of the show who had just bought a freakin' Cuda at that show! Nobody else has flat out refused to sign their judging sheet, yes there were some questions that were resolved quickly to the satisfacation of everyone. Carlise does indeed have a nightlife, and if you want racing there is a track close by. Me thinks you need to get out more...

Last edited by Rhinodart; 09/27/21 10:27 PM.

The funny thing about science is that if you change one miniscule parameter you change the entire outcome to the way you want it.

JB Rhinehart, Realist

A-Body's RULE!