Hi guys and gals,
Been a while since I've been on here. Did a search and found a few answers, but a question lingers about what's an acceptable angle between differential pinion and trans output shaft for a cruiser. RR has a TK500 swap. With the driveshaft perfectly level (0 angle, weight-on-wheels), the trans output shaft is 2.9 degrees tail down. The trans is as high in the tunnel as I can get it. And the nose of the differential pinion shaft centerline is 0.9 degrees down toward the front. Therefore total angle is 3.6 degrees. The car is cruiser; will never see track or strip time. Haven't driven it yet, as other issues arose. Should I be looking for some 2 degree shims to put under the perches to bring the nose on the diff up a bit? 2 degrees would get the nose of the diff up and bring the centerlines of the trans and diff closer to, but of course not, parallel (around 1.6 degrees). What's an allowable difference to have for a street driver? Also, along the lines of shims, what manufacturers shims will work under the factory perches with MP XHD (factory, basically) springs? Summit shows Pro-Comp 99-400B, Calvert CLV-4-DEGREE, Beltech BEL-4977 , and Rubicon Re1466 shim sets. Is there one of those sets that works best with Mopar springs and perches?
Thanks for any knowledge you can impart.
-Marq