I bought and used a 1955 Dodge D500 17 flat bed truck to haul fire wood and logs for around 5 yrs and then had my Father in Law put a car hauling ramp on it to haul my cars.
That motor was a industrial Desoto or Chrysler in line flat head six that was either 254 C.I. or 263 C.I., I never took the time to make sure which motor it had in it
realcrazy
It had a freeze crack from the front of the driver side on the bottom of the water jacket all the way back to the rear of the block I would drain it in the winter and put water in it when I wanted to use it wrench
It was a six volt system originally and it had a truck 4 speed with a vacuum operated two speed rear end, the speedometer didn't work worth a hoot so I never knew how fast I was going, I knew how slow I was going by the amount of people lined up behind me waiting to pass going up hill on two lanes roads back then in the Mojave Desert blush
I ended up putting a stock 1957 392 Hemi in it around 1978 or so and converting it to 12 Volts, that ended up being the best thing I could have done for that truck boogie
I pass many other racers towing trailer on the flats and uphill going to the races with that swap boogie devil
I've own three other car hauler trucks since then and now use a 24 Ft Pace enclosed trailer and tow it with my 2006 Ram 3500 l4 door long bed 4x4 up
Lots of ways to get the job done scope
End of ragging on slant sixes whistling

Last edited by Cab_Burge; 09/21/21 11:41 PM.

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)