Given your stroker build, the converter stall and the rear end ratio, what have you got to lose in trying the single plane?

My thinking being: the RPM piece will most likely be better in the off-idle/mid-range "butt feel meter", so from a street manners perspective if that's what is most important to you I would probably keep the RPM.

However, given the other variables the single plane is what's going to net you the biggest bang for the buck, and what I mean is that WOT performance feel.

Case in point, I am in the process of going from a 238/244 Hughes flat tappet hydraulic cam, Performer RPM, 360 motor, 4K stall converter and 4.10 gear setup to a W2 408 stroker build, 240/248 hydraulic roller setup. The intake (somewhat by necessity, although I wasn't looking for a dual plane anyways) is getting switched to the Victor 2920 single plane.

My goal is: let the bigger cubes and the converter "power through" the street duty stuff but focus on the WOT performance of the combo, thus the single plane.

EDIT
====
Oh, almost left out the real-world experience. I had tossed my Holley Strip Dominator on as a replacement for the RPM piece once before. The car had a 2800 stall converter and 3.91 gear at that time. That single plane took out a good chunk of the bottom end response, that mattered to me in terms of street behaviour. So I went back to the RPM setup.

Last edited by Diplomat360; 09/08/21 08:39 AM. Reason: Holley single plane vs RPM comment