Did some wrenching and got the car home. It’s even better than I imagined. Could drive it harder today with the new rubber. Wow. And it has so much more to give once dialed in. Lots of very minor stuff to straighten out and it really will be just like a new 1969 car.

Oddity I found was it had a straight grease fitting on a lower ball joint. Went and got a 45 for that. Had to point out to the counter guy I needed SAE and not metric. Went to install it and the wrench wouldn’t go on. Ok, so they sized it up. Pulled out next one and it was too big. So new zerks are metric hex now???

Also put in new vr due to erratic behavior on the gauge. Grabbed an electronic one that has the mechanical case. Found they hadn’t sanded off firewall. Saved old one for spare and now gauge is steady going down road. I suspected this was all due to a bad ground, but wanted a new one on hand. It does quiver occasionally so need to clean bulkhead next.

Had people hanging out of cars while we were going down the road saying nice car. Got thumbs up at the lights. Plus got out at home just as the rain hit. All worked out well.

I want my fair share