Originally Posted by topside
Is there a penalty in TQ or HP using the SD vs. Eddy Perf RPM intake on a street application?
The RPM can be a tight fit for stock air cleaners clearing the hood on some cars, and sometimes a dropped base can't be employed.
I would assume the RPM would make more power, but a stealthy street motor's gonna spend more time in the 1500-3500 RPM range.

I believe the answer is yes for down low power, but not up top, but I also think the how much will depending on the engine specifics.

I think when you cross the 450-500 hp threshold the SD will start making more peak hp. The higher the hp application the difference will become greater. Regarding "penalty in TQ" I'm not sure exactly how to respond. I'll assume you me down low power, or a lower rpm TQ peak. In the dyno testing I was actually surprised how much the SD gave up below below 4000 rpm on a 508 cuin engine. It was not huge, but I guess I was expecting something closer to zero difference between the SD and dual planes tested, which were nearly identical below 4000. Then you need to ask if giving up a little low end on a 500 inch motor matters.

Last edited by BSB67; 08/17/21 12:47 PM.