Bellhousing misalignment will also cause flaking on the input. I had to redo a few for the early hemi swap/adaptor plate guys, and the lakewood bells seem to be real bad. I just rebuilt a trans for a guy, always atf 90,000 miles on it, countershaft pin looked like new, if fact everything looked like new. ATF is not always the problem on street driven cars, but the trans needs to be full, and atf likes to leak. I just did the one in my 340 cuda, 68,000 miles, it was mint, but leaking. Sometimes people bring me a trans and it has 2 qts of dirty oil in it, and plenty of wear, gee I wonder why. We need to admit with high horsepower and slicks that lower pin design is marginal, even worse low on oil. I have seen that worn no matter what is in them, but I also do not know what was run prior. We also need to remember how all the cool guys drive around in third, on off the throttle to sound cool, that puts the most wear on that lower front of the pin, just like the overdrives that are always wiped out right there. I used to run a 30wt motor oil/atf blend and they shift really good, synthetics never worked well for me or others I know. Gl4 mineral gear lube also works well. We also used 2qts of 10w30 in our automatics with j converters and never an issue. Your results may vary, but a properly rebuilt a-833 full of oil and properly aligned is problem free.