Originally Posted by Kippy
Originally Posted by 68LAR
What shifter are you using? Sounds like the tranny is not engaging the main drive gear all the way..If it's a Hurst shifter, there are stops to keep the levers from going too deep into the gears.( Not really necessary with an 833 tranny.) The stop may need backed out. Other than that, you just might have to readjust the shifter or make sure that the side levers are tight on the tranny.

Thanks for replying.....Im using a Hurst comp plus and the stops have been removed per Dan B advice which cured the pop'ing out of forth but this issue is something else I think.....Will be under the car checking linkage and more awarenesses when stoped and putting car in first with clutch in and not yet moving

How many miles on the trans?

Originally Posted by TJP
...the sliders would over travel allowing the slider keys to pop out. PITA to get back in with the trans in the car, although I did become quite proficient at...

confused

Originally Posted by TJP
1. Make sure the shifter plate is not loose on the trans. If Loctite is not used they are know to come loose
2 Same for the shifter to plate bolts
3. Make sure the slots in the shifter arms are not wallowed out from being loose
4. Make sure the nuts holding the arms on are tight

iagree

Originally Posted by 80fbody
1/8" seems small. I thought it was a 1/4" drill bit but it's been a little while since I've adjusted mine.

iagree

Better off using the biggest drill bit that'll fit drive

440, 4-Speed, 3.54
1968, when Dinosaurs ruled the Earth