Originally Posted by Dcuda69
Originally Posted by AndyF
Originally Posted by Blusmbl
The article I read indicated 330 miles of range for the high capacity version. Not bad at all.

I saw that but even without driving one I can guarantee that it won't go 330 miles on the freeway at freeway speeds. The mfgs over rate the range by assuming a "mix" of driving. I don't know if any of this stuff is standardized yet like it is with mileage ratings for gas powered cars but I'm sure it will be shortly. From what I can tell by driving electric cars, the quoted range is determined by driving the car at roughly 35 or 40 miles per hour on flat roads. As soon as you get over 65 mph, or start driving up hills, the actual range plummets. My guess is that the range is only good for about 200 miles at 70 mph.

And 50 miles actually using that 775 lb ft towing a trailer??

My Cummins and Cat in a medium duty would do pretty well empty, the Cummins ~ 20 MPG, the Cat in an FL Freightliner ~ 14 MPG, load 'em up heavy and it dropped to ~ 6.5, 6.8. Watts are watts, there's watt ratings on both those Diesels, I just don't know what they are, use more watts and the range drops badly. The Cummins loaded needed a fill up ~ 200 miles loaded w/ a 35 gallon tank. Kinda bizarre watching the gauge drop a 1/4 every 50 miles. I presume the electric motor range would suffer similarly. Guessing roughly 1/3 the unloaded range? Gonna make a long day towing anything.

edit: FWIW, the Cat had 660 torque, the Cummins dyno'd at 800 torque. Yes, the Dodge handily out pulled the Freightliner. But the FL was bulletproof, never broke the trans. I broke the trans and the GearVendors in the Dodge, twisted off the input shaft, broke the case in half on the GV in Kentucky. NOT fun hearing trans pieces skittering down the highway at midnight.

Last edited by 3hundred; 05/20/21 11:12 PM.

'68 Fury Convertible
'69 300 Convertible
'15 Durango 5.7 Hemi
'16 300 S Hemi